Dromeas Development: a member of the Condellis Group of Companies
With a course of over 100 years in the Greek market, the Condellis Group was initially established by its founder John E. Condellis on the island of Lesvos in 1919. Holding through the years a leading presence in the wider area of the car and agricultural machinery industry and with a long involvement in the domestic real estate market, the Group currently holds the following companies:
1. PJ CONDELLIS SA (visit website) with activity in the sectors of Agricultural Machinery, Industrial Machinery, Commercial Vehicles and Lubricants
2. MULTIPART SA, (visit website) a company active in the area of importation, marketing and distribution of spare parts in the Greek market
3. DROMEAS DEVELOPMENT SA, a company dealing with the development and management of real estate projects.
Condellis Group History
John Emm Condellis is born in the island of Lesvos.
John Emm Condellis immigrates to the U.S.A.
Starts working for Ford Motor Company on the Model T assembly line in Detroit.
Returns to Lesvos, his hometown, where he becomes a Ford dealer.
Moves dealership to Piraeus.
Takes over the Ford dealership for the whole country based in Athens.
John Condellis dies prior to the involvement of Greece in WW II and the company is taken over by his widow Athanasia Condellis. The entire car stock of the company is offered to the Greek Army.
Spyros D. Panteleimonitis (1909-1997) (married to Aikaterini J. Condellis) takes over the management and leads the post-war reconstruction of the company.
Emmanuel J. Condellis (1927-2018) returns from his studies at Wayne State University in Detroit and joins the company’s management.
Paul J. Condellis (1931-2016) returns from Ford of England’s School of Business Administration and joins the company’s management.
Paul J. Condellis SA is founded expanding its activities to the import of agricultural and construction machinery.
EMIKO SA is founded. Initially operating as the importer of Alfa Romeo cars in Athens and Thessaloniki.
John Condellis (son of Emmanuel) returns from his studies at Imperial College and Cass business school and joins the company’s management.
Acquisition of Syrigos S.A. Alfa Romeo dealership.
Dromeas Development SA starts its involvement in commercial real estate with the construction of the building on 580 Vouliagmenis Avenue.
Acquisition of “N. Linardos SA” renamed to Multipart S.A., a company active in aftermarket car parts.
Acquisition of “NJ Papaioannou SA” Fiat dealership renamed to “Condellis Emporiki SA”.
Started operating Lancia dealership in Athens.
Started operating Volvo dealerships in Athens and Patras.
Sale of all Automotive retail businesses (Ford, Volvo, Fiat, Alfa, Lancia) to Sfakianakis S.A.
Multipart moves to the newly acquired ex TOYOTA Hellas warehouse in Elefsina.
John and Alexandra Condellis assume the management of the whole group.